1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake. The public was less than thrilled with the cost of the GT500 Super Snake, which at $8,000, cost more than a 427 Cobra. In the end, only the test car was built. Last year, Shelby American rolled out a modern 2017 Shelby Super Snake wide body concept along with a Shelby F-150 Super Snake street truck. Earlier this year, it introduced the 1968 Shelby. The Super Snake was never mass produced because the projected retail price would be over twice the price of baseline GT500 and more than 427 Cobra. This prototype was sold in August 1967 for $5,000. Featured in many magazines and My Classic Ca Originally, Shelby planned on building 50 examples of the GT500 Super Snake, but once Ford learned the price would be twice that of a normal GT500, the project was shelved
1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake - Source: Mecum. The first GT500 launched in 1967, becoming the most powerful production Ford at the time. Carroll Shelby's high-performance Mustangs were, and still are, staples of the muscle car market 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Nick D April 22, 2016 When Ford redesigned the Mustang in 1967 to take the 390/320 HP big block V-8, Carroll Shelby took the next logical step and introduced the GT500, the first big block Shelby GT, powered by a modified Police Interceptor 428 CI engine rated at 355 HP . The car would cost double that of a brand new Shelby GT500, and buyers were hard to find
View detailed pictures that accompany our 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake article with close-up photos of exterior and interior features. (20 photos shelby gt500 super snake shelby mustang Autoblog accepts vehicle loans from auto manufacturers with a tank of gas and sometimes insurance for the purpose of evaluation and editorial content The Super Snake is inspired by the 1967 GT500 Super Snake, a car made by Carroll Shelby for Goodyear Tires. The Super Snake also comes with a variety of other performance, handling and cosmetic changes
Shelby is building ten 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snakes, wrapping up 50 years of what ifs in a $250,000 package for the Shelby ultra-fan The president of Shelby American street-raced a 428 Cobra Jet fastback all over Ohio in the 1970s, so we shouldn't have been so surprised when he jumped into the company's new 1967 Shelby GT500. Save 1967 mustang shelby super snake to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay 1967 Mustang Shelby GT 500 Super Snake 1:18 Rare Black w/Orange Racing Stripes $2.2 Million 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Sets Record as Most Expensive Ford Mustang Ever The car was expected to go for half that at auction over the weekend. By Kyle Cheromcha January 15, 2019 The Shelby Mustang 1967 GT500 Super Snake was a one of a kind prototype that Carroll Shelby had built for a tire test conducted by Goodyear. (Mecum
.3 million, $300k more than what the Eleanor Mustang sold for 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 815hp Super Snake Eleanor Test Driv
One-Off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Expected to Fetch $1 Million at Auction The car was built by Shelby as part of a promotional event for Goodyear tires 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake It went on to run at the promo stunt for 500 miles at an average speed of 142 mph, all in an effort to prove Goodyear's Thunderbolt tire was the ideal tire for the late-'60s tire buyers The Continuation series Shelby GT500 Super Snakes are built from original 1967 Mustangs, with factory VINs and original titles. The donor cars are stripped to bare metal for transformation into the mighty Super Snake. Customers can opt for an original donor period Shelby fastback for transformation into a Super Snake A 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake, built today, while supplies last. Shelby American, Inc. announced on Friday that it is reviving its 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake
Today Shelby American went back to the future with the announcement that it would continue the 1967 Shelby Super Snake using 1967 donor Mustangs bearing the original signatures of its two main sparkplugs A One-of-One 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Sold for $2.2 Million at a Mecum Auction. Cars News Ford Ford Mustang Ford Mustang Shelby 2019 Coupe Muscle cars Auctions. Back to Model 1967 Shelby Super Snake. Back in 1967, Shelby American western sales rep Don McCain pushed for a limited edition run of GT500 Mustang fastbacks with a unique, all-aluminum, 427-cubic inch V8 engine. This car, known as the Super Snake, would have been the best-performing Ford pony car of the time, but Shelby decided that the car would just cost. Shelby also launched a Prudhomme Edition Super Snake package for 2007-2010 Shelby GT500 cars. The Super Snake was upgraded to 750 horsepower standard and 800 horsepower optional in 2011, before a limited-edition, 50th Anniversary model was launched in 2012
1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake sells for $2
- Save DIECAST 1/18 MUSTANG GT500 SUPERSNAKE to get e 1967 Mustang Shelby GT 500 Super Snake 1:18 Rare Black w/Orange Racing Stripes 2008 Shelby GT 500 Super.
- 25 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake For Sale Sorry, there is no inventory
- Find Shelby Gt 500 Parts. Browse Results on SocialScour.com
- That's certainly applicable to the 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake, which Shelby American will finally produce as a limited edition continuation model. During the 1960s, Shelby built a.
- $2.2m Shelby GT500 Super Snake is the most expensive Mustang ever There's only one original 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake in the world, and it's now officially the most expensive Mustang ever after being sold at auctio
- The Super Snake was then shipped back to Mel Burns Ford in California, where it remained on display while McCain worked to generate interest for a limited run of 50 427-powered GT500s
- One Of One 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Shatters Auction Estimates 2916 When the curtain dropped Sunday on Mecum's Kissimmee auction it was a Ferrari LaFerrari which took home the top spot selling for $3.3 million, but in second was this one and only 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake
The story of the GT500 Super Snake is somewhat bizarre. Goodyear wanted to hold a promotional event for their new line of Thunderbolt economy tires and asked Carroll Shelby to bring his top of the line Mustang to test them . Sadly, it never made it to the main roads, and was left to gather dust as an unrealized, dream. But thanks to a new continuation series from Shelby, that deterred dream will come to fruition, with an. The only 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Ford Mustang has been consigned to the docket for Mecum Auction's Kissimmee, Florida, auction scheduled for February 3-13. As Mecum Auctions tells the car's story, it was commissioned from Shelby American by tire maker Goodyear, which wanted to use the car. Shelby GT500 for Sale. Crevier Classic Cars is offering a 1967 Shelby GT500. This car is in great shape and ready to enjoy. 2014 Shelby GT500 Super Snake is.
1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake is Back
Used Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake For Sale. Have you dreamed of finding a rare Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake for sale? Many Ford fanatics would love to own one, but they are incredibly rare. As the ultimate Mustang, they are a tribute to a special 1967 Shelby Cobra GT500. Mr 1967 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake. shelby cobra. CSX 3303 was a 1967 427 street car retained by Shelby American as a PR car and then made into a Super Snake for Bill Cosby. Cosby's record. The 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake isn't the only new car the company is introducing. Shelby also introduced the Shelby Series 2 - a reintroduction of the 1999 Series 1 thanks to. A review of a 1967 Ford Mustang GT500E Super Snake which combines the look of the '60's mustangs with a modern, 725hp supercharged 427 engine. Find all the details inside Mustang Monthly Magazine The most expensive Mustang ever sold at auction was the one-off 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, which realised US$1.3 million (plus a 7% seller's commission) at Mecum's Spring Classic auction in Indianapolis in May 2013
Video: 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake F203 Indianapolis 201
1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Sells for $2
- But now Shelby is resurrecting another heavy hitter, the one of one 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake. Back in early '67, Shelby was commissioned to build a high-profile promotional vehicle to test Goodyear's new Thunderbolt tire. The vehicle chosen for this test was a new 1967 GT500, but with a few interesting tweaks
- This is the only 1967 Shelby GT500 in existence, and it's going up on stage next month at Mecum. Shelby teamed up with Goodyear to promote their then-new Thunderbolt tires, and the product of that collaboration was this Super Snake
- - The one and only GT500 convertible ever made - Shelby GT500 Super Snake - enormously powerful 650 HP car used 427 block from legendary GT40, capable of 150 mph and even 170 mph on racing tires. In 2013 this car was sold on auction for $1.3 million. All above mentioned cars were made in one piece only. 1967 Shelby GT500 collectibilit
- A true one-of-a-kind 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake crossed the Mecum auction block in Kissimmee, Florida. The car is the only 1967 Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake built with a GT40.
- The Super Snake moniker dates to 1967. It was first applied to a GT500 prototype fitted with a 427 V-8 in GT40 Mk II trim. Shelby planned to sell 50 such cars, but the idea was scrapped when it.
- Shelby American just announced that it will be producing a very limited number of the 1967 Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake, one of which was unveiled in Gardena, California. Owning one of these.
- The ability to own top tier performance from 1967 is easier than ever, with Shelby American announcing that 10 continuation Mustang GT500 Super Snakes will be built. These special fastback models are a nod to the one-off Super Snake that was created by chief engineer Fred Goodell in 1967
Most Expensive Mustang: '67 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Sells
The world's only 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake found a new home last week, after selling for $2.2m (£1.5m) at the Mecum auction in Kissimmee, Florida. Aside from being unique, the car has a. TOLL FREE 844-9-SHELBY: CONTACT US FIND A DEALER : Latest News Articles; Read our Newsletter; Get on our Mailing List; 2018-2019 BROCHURE: BUILD A 2017: BUILD A 2015.
Looking for the best 1967 Shelby Gt500 Eleanor Wallpaper? We have 69+ amazing background pictures carefully picked by our community. If you have your own one, just send us the image and we will show it on the web-site The 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake is the most expensive Mustang in the world, and it just sold for double its estimated worth at $2.2 million USD 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Is Back In Perfection For 250,000 Bucks! Published by admin on June 7, 2018 June 7, 2018 Only ten recreations are being built in their original condition This one-of-a-kind 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake is what car collectors dream of. It is the only 1967 Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake built with a GT40 Mk II 427 engine The one-of-one built 1967 Shelby G.T. 500 Super Snake may never have been, except for a conversation between Carroll Shelby and car sales executive (and former Shelby American employee) Don McCain. McCain suggested that there was room atop the supercar food chain for a Shelby-tuned Mustang even.
1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Shelby SuperCars
- Sold* at Northeast 2018 - Lot #667 1967 SHELBY GT500E SUPER SNAKE
- The 1967 GT500 Super Snake may have only had one real day to shine thanks to the Goodyear Tire event in Texas, but it has remained a one of a kind to this day and was one of the greatest automobile creations thanks to a one of a kind man, Carroll Shelby
- um heads, tuned headers, 780 CFM Holley 4 barrel carb
A Mustang With A 600hp GT40 Engine - 1967 Shelby GT500 Super
- 1967-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Super-Snake-15-1.jpg 26/26 SLIDES Hope is a tenacious bug, and just as I round the corner toward recovery, I drive something neat, and the cycle of self-destructive.
- And that, friends, is this truly special 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake - the only one ever built. And now, it's headed to Mecum's Kissimmee auction, Jan. 3-13. Today, the term Super Snake constitutes the ultimate in Shelby performance
- The 1967 Shelby Super Snake continuation cars will use 1967 donor Mustangs and include a Shelby serial number for the official Shelby registry. Only 10 fastbacks will be built, each with original signatures by Carroll Shelby and Don McCain who spearheaded the program in 1967
- Considering the value of a well restored '67 GT500 is, according to Hagerty, upwards of $250,000 and in 2013 the one of a kind 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake sold for $1.3 Million, it is not that surprising that the price tag on this survivor is nearly $400,000
Richard's 815hp 1967 Shelby Super Snake Eleanor Mustang Richard's build has been one that myself and a lot of other 'Eleanor' enthusiasts and builders have looked up to. If one was to build an Eleanor Super Snake clone with no regard for cost than this would be it The 1967 Shelby Super Snake was a one of a kind, but since then there have been Super Snake variants made through the years, including ten new 1967 versions built in 2018. From the original Super Snake to the modern ones, Shelby's legacy is clear in these outstanding performance Mustangs 1967 Shelby GT 500 Eleanor Super Snake is #287 in the Shelby 'Eleanor' World Registry. Complete Rotisserie Restoration. Complete with Eleanor Registry Certificate. Meticulously restored and reconditioned back to better than new. It is equipped with 427W Cobra dressed sbf High Performance Power Plant Save $7,222 on a Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake Coupe. Search pre-owned Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake Coupe listings to find the best local deals. We analyze millions of used cars daily
1967 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500E Eleanor Super Snake for sale. Motorcar Classics is now selling this unique G.T.500E Super Snake presented in Pepper Gray with Ebony Black leather interior. With less than 700 miles this Shelby is in excellent condition and was the last GT 500E built by Unique Performance (#42) in 2005 The one-of-a-kind 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake was auctioned off over the weekend in Florida for a whopping $2.2 million.. The selling price of the Pony Car exceeded Mecum's expectations. More nostalgic customers can also now order one of the ten examples of the 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake continuation cars. For $250,000, the buyers get an authentic recreation of the classic. Shelby said yes, and selected the GT500 as the car. But one of Shelby's friends, a chap called Don McCain, suggested Shelby build that GT500 into a 'super' GT500
1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake - autoblog
Save $7,248 on a Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake Coupe. Search pre-owned Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake Coupe listings to find the best Philadelphia, PA deals. We analyze millions of used cars daily 1967 Shelby GT500, 428 Cobra Jet, 4 Speed. Professional rotisserie restoration. Same owner since 1988. Very nice example of a beautiful 1967 Shelby GT500 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Specs. By dropping off your new 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 and a cool $27,995 at Shelby's Special Performance Plant, you can have yourself a Super Snake. The Super Snake was a package installed by Shelby with a 605hp engine GT500 Super Snake (2013-2014) Shelby GT500 (1967-1970) 1,636 posts. Wanted: 1967 GT500 Project Team Shelby Powered by Invision Community.
1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake road test review - Autoblo
1967 Ford Mustang GT500 Canadian Super Snake! Offered at: $124,900. The Shelby was created very early on and built by Shelby American from 1965-1967 and by 1969. 2019 Ford Mustang Gt500 Shelby Super Snake 1967 For Sale 2019 Ford Mustang GT500 . Although the car is still months away from the release, the exterior of Mustang GT500 seems to boast some interesting quirks Shelby American has reintroduced the 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake making the car available again for the first time since the '60s. These will be hard to get; the car is production limited.
1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake Returns as Continuation
Powering the 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake is a hair-raising 7.0-litre V8 engine. It is the same V8 engine that powered the Ford cars that raced and won at the 24 Hours Of Le Mans that year. It. A unique 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake sold at an auction for a record $2.2 million The Super Snake was then shipped back to Mel Burns Ford in California, where it remained on display while McCain worked to generate interest for a limited run of 50 427-powered GT500s. At over twice the price of a baseline GT500, the Super Snake was priced well beyond its competition, including Shelby's own 427 Cobra
Shelby Mustang - Wikipedi
- Carroll Shelby built only one 427 GT500 Super Snake in 1967, which set new performance standards for speed and performance at the time. The mighty G.T.500E Super Snake is a modern evolution of that legendary car
- This prototype was sold for $5,000 in 1967 - is now expected to reach $1.2 million. The one and only 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake is set to cross the auction block at next month's Mecum Kissimmee auction
- To build a GT500 Super Snake, Shelby American will strip the donor 1967 Mustang down to bare metal, building it up with special bodywork, disk brakes, a four-speed manual gearbox, and a 427-cubic-inch V8 from Carroll Shelby Engine Company, with output in excess of 550 horsepower
First Drive: 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Continuation
- Carroll Shelby construyó este 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500 Super Snake como inicio de una edición limitada a 50 unidades, pero el alto precio final que llegó a alcanzar, y el hecho de que.
- A 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake has smashed auction records overnight, selling for US$2.2 million (AU$3m). The blue-and-white muscle car that fetched the huge figure was the only.
- The 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake made history on January 21, 2007, fetching $5.5 million at the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction, a world record price for an American car, auction.
- 1967 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 Eleanor Gone in . 1967 ford shelby mustang gt500 eleanor gone in. Will ship more than one per box with shipping cost per location. car has opening hood, doors and trunk lid. The words you require on the plaque you can have up to lines please li..
- FOR SALE: Richard's 815hp 1967 Shelby Super Snake Eleanor Mustang The interest in the post I made about Richard's 1967 Shelby Super Snake Eleanor has been astounding. It seems his car is loved by a lot of people, and it's no wonder so many people have commented by asking if it is for sale
In fact, the 427-powered GT500 inspired the name for Shelby's Super Snake package. In 1967, Shelby American built a single 427-powered GT500 Super Snake for Mel Burns Ford as a prototype for. Red 1967 Ford Mustang GT500E Super Snake for sale located in Charlotte, North Carolina - $259,900 (ClassicCars.com ID CC-939809). like this sinister Shelby Super. The 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake is a one-off supercar built by Carroll Shelby to promote Goodyear's new range of Thunderbolt economy tyres. It's for sale at Dana Mecum's 26th Original Spring Classic Auction on May 14-19, 2013 Shelby American has decided to put the legendary 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake under the spotlights by planning an exclusive run of just 10 builds of the legendary fastback. Shelby American has also thrown the curtains off its latest Series 2 roadster supercar, an ultra-lightweight model The 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake was the only one its kind ever built. It was created as part of a promotion to help test, of all things, Goodyear passenger car tires, which is why the rare car sports whitewall tires, something most Shelby Mustangs did not have
Set to build on the success of the 1968 Shelby GT500KR continuation model announced earlier this year, the 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake is based on an original 1967 Mustang and features either an. Considering the value of a well-restored '67 GT500 is, according to Hagerty, upwards of $250,000 (and in 2013 the one of a kind 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake sold for $1.3 million), it is not that surprising that the price tag on this survivor is nearly $400,000 The 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake Is Making a Return 10 new cars will be made When Ford redesigned the Mustang in 1967 to take the 390/320 HP big-block V-8, Carroll Shelby took the next logical step and introduced the GT500, the first big-block Shelby GT, powered by a modified Police Interceptor 428 CI engine rated at 355 HP
1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake car - YouTub
This 1967 Shelby GT500E Super Snake, however, was built just before those licensing complications emerged, making it a ratified (and registered) continuation vehicle The one and only 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake.Built with a GT40 Mk II 427 engine, specifically for this car. This was now a Mustang with well over 500 horsepower and a top speed of 170 mph, the latter confirmed by Carroll Shelby himself during a test run Now, ten lucky car nuts will have the chance to have Shelby build them a brand-new 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, as Shelby American has announced a ten-car continuation series 1:18 Licensed Shelby Mustang GT500 Super Snake Electric RTR Remote Control RC Car (Yellow) 1967 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 Eleanor Gone in Sixty Seconds Movie.
1967 mustang shelby super snake eBa
- 1967 Ford Shelby GT500E SuperSnake Eleanor 1967 Mustang GT500E Resto Mod Eleanor is a very well-known muscle car, but the featured resto mod owns a tuned/built Coyote 5.0L engine 475 hp, custom headers, exhaust, rack and pinion steering, cold air intake, automatic TCI transmission
- 1967 Shelby GT500 _____ Many collectors feel the 1967 Shelbys were special because 1967 was the last year the cars were built at the original Shelby American facility in Venice, California. The GT500 was at the time the most powerful Mustang ever built
- 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake Continuation Car More Shelby American's line up of vehicles today is the most diverse in our 56-year history, said Joe Conway, CEO of Shelby American
$2.2 Million 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake - thedrive.co
1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake specs, specifications, laptimes, acceleration times, pictures, photos, engine data, top spee An American muscle car legend, the 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake, is back.. Shelby announced it will build 10 more units of the Super Snake using 1967 Mustangs as donor cars, and complete with factory VINs and original titles
Unique 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake sold at
The Shelby GT500 Super Snake is a concept based on the serial Ford Mustang GT500 since 1967, instead of the standard V8 of 390 cubic inches and 320hp, a monstrous Shelby 427 with a total of 600 hp, similar to that of the 1966 Ford GT40 Mk II with which he won the Le Mans richards-1967-ford-mustang-super-snake-elenaor-gt500 The Shelby Mustang is a high performance variant of the Ford Mustang which was built by Shelby American from 1965 through 1970 . Following the introduction of the fifth generation Ford Mustang , the Shelby nameplate was revived in 2007 for new high performance versions of the Mustan 1967 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake . 1967 was the last year for the Shelby Cobras. The GT 350 used the high performance 289 with a COBRA aluminum hi-rise and 715 cfm Holley carb, with a Paxto 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake makes a comeback 27 th May 2018 8:00 am. Limited to 10 units, the muscle car's continuation model packs a 550hp 7.0-litre V8 Super Snakes will be built to order and sold through Shelby American. The cars will start at US$249,995. Additional information about the 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake can be found at www.shelby.com or by calling (702) 942-7325
1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Is The Most Expensive Mustang
Re: 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake pix needed Randall, I'm one of those guys who doesn't like to go back and change things, like the end to a good movie. The 1967 Shelby was designed and built that way for a reason. And, there was only one Super Snake for a reason That may be a big amount, but Shelby's justification is that an original 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake was recently sold for $ 1.3 million (Rs 8.83 crore) Shelby American, Inc. and Ford are teaming up to bring back the legendary 1967 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake. At a press event held last month at the Carroll Shelby Tribute event at Carroll Shelby.
1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 815hp Super Snake - YouTub
Shelby HD wallpapers, Images, specifications & videos. Shelby Wallpapers & HD Images of Cobra, Mustang, Super Snake & Raptor Wallpapers Menu Rankings Cars Videos Searc The ride is a perfect 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, and it sold at the Mecum Kissimmee auction. The car was predicted to sell for as much as $1.2 million, but the gavel fell at a cool $2.2 million The world's most expensive pony: a 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake fetches $1.3 million at auction 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 is ready to strike with over 700 hp; Don't Miss Classifieds for 1967 Shelby GT500. Set an alert to be notified of new listings